I've been waiting to watch this film since last year. I mean since they started filming this movie. In addition, the main casts are my favourite (especially Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra). Dil Dhadakne Do is not you typical family-theme hindi movie. DDD is something else. I watched this film 3 times,yes THREE TIMES because best gila I can watch this for thousand times. First time I watched it with my bolly twitter friends kekna and mieza on the first day it released,2nd time I watched it with didiey and the casts of Dil Dhadakne Do during the IIFA Gala Screening (entry about IIFA coming up after this entry!) and for the 3rd time I watched it alone because emm emm i just love this movie.
Directed by: Zoya Akhtar
Music by: Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy
Starring by: Anil Kapoor,Shefali Shah,Ranveer Singh,Priyanka Chopra,Anushka Sharma,Farhan Akhtar
Release date: 5 June 2015
The Mehras - Kamal (Anil Kapoor) and his wife Neelam (Shefali Shah),together with their children Ayesha (Priyanka Chopra) and Kabir (Ranveer Singh) are dysfunctional punjabi family. Kamal always proud with himself as a self made man,that managed to build his own business empire AYKA that facing the bankruptcy. He however has troubled relationship with his wife Neelam. Ayesha married with Manav (Rahul Bose) and set up her own online travel portal. Kabir unwillingly participates in the family business and yearns to pursue a career as a pilot. Kabir has a dog named Pluto (voice by Aamir Khan).
To celebrate the 30th wedding anniversary of Kamal and Neelam, they invite their family and friends for 10 days cruise trip across Mediterranean. Kamal and Neelam also have another agenda during the trip which is to get Kabir married to Noorie Sood, his friend's daughter in exchange for his investing in AYKA.
In the ship, Kabir meet Farah Ali (Anushka Sharma),the dancer on the cruise and fall in love. While Noorie falls in love with Rana Khanna,a son of his father's rival. Kabir and Noorie decide to manipulate their parents to believe they're having a relationship, but continuing their respective relationships. Meanwhile Ayesha wants to get a divorce from her husband,but her parents against it. Sunny Gill (Farhan Akhtar), Ayesha's love interest before she get married with Manav join them on the cruise and she still has a feeling towards Sunny.
Farah calls off her relationship with Kabir,when Kabir's aunt tell everyone about Kabir-Noorie's engagement. Elsewhere, Kamal saw Noorie making out with Rana, and is soon rushed to the hospital due to excess stomach gas. In the hospital room, Kamal tells Kabir that he saw Noorie with Rana, and asks him to call of the engagement. Kabir, in a bout of anger, admits to his family that he knew about the couple all along, and that he is in love with Farah. He also tells them of his intention to not work in the family business anymore. Later, while trying to settle down the problem between Manav and Ayesha, Kamal see Manav misbehaving with her. He agrees to the divorce and begs Ayesha for forgiveness. Ayesha finally reunites with Sunny.
Kabir tries to persuade Farah to forgive him, but she got fired from her job and leaves the ship. Kabir realises of her fate much after the ship has set sail. Kabir jumps off the ship in hope of his family rescuing him and helping him get to the shore. Kamal, Neelam, Ayesha, and their dog Pluto find a lifeboat to rescue him. The Mehra family is seen happy in each other's presence for the first time.
What I like about Dil Dhadakne Do:
1. I must say that Farhan Akhtar did a brilliant job writing the dialogue,especially Kabir's dialogue. There's a lot of LOL moment for example "that was epic,no that was epuke!" "practical?is that what they teach you in London?to be practical? *in british accent" "auntie that is butter knife" and many more!
ranveer is already hot then he decide to wear captain's uniform.super hot!
2. All of the main casts are damn good,especially Anil Kapoor and Ranveer Singh. DDD is Ranveer's best performance till this date after Lootera in 2013. The siblings jodi (Ranveer and Priyanka) are perfect. They look like the real life sibling. Shefali did really well as Neelam Mehra. But I wish Farhan and Anushka have more scenes in this film
3. The supporting casts really bringing up this film to the next level! It's been awhile since the last time Bollywood has a great supporting casts (I do love Hum Saath Saath Hain's supporting casts before this). I love Noorie and Rana's character, as well as Kabir and Ayesha's cousin Putlu.
4. Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy did a great job for the soundtracks. I love all the songs,especially Gallan Goodiyan and Pehli Baar. One of the best soundtrack album for 2015.
5. I couldn't ask for more. Zoya Akhtar is one of the best director. First Zindagi Na Milege Dobara,now Dil Dhadakne Do. She really know how make her film different from others. I love love love the cinematography.
best line ever!
What I dislike about Dil Dhadakne Do:
1. There are few scenes that a lil bit draggy.
2. I wish Anushka Sharma and Farhan Akhtar have more scenes so we can see the romance between Kabir-Farah and Ayesha-Sunny.
Overall, 9/10 for Dil Dhadakne Do. Some people might not like it, but I do love this film. I love Ranveer Singh even more after watching this film.
yeah i love you too ranveer
So guys, go and watch this film. After all,it's been ages since the last time Bollywood have a good family themed movie.