Since I need to go to the bank to submit my study loan application,I decided to watch Brothers because this movie still running in the cinema. Been reading Brother's review for the past 2 weeks and most of people on my twitter timeline give a double thumbs up for this movie. Watch it alone because I always love watching movie at cinema alone so that I can focus more.
First half of this movie,I cried like a baby. I swear it's so emotional and there's so many heartbreaking scenes so yeah my tears flow like a waterfalls in Baahubali. The second half is more on power packed action scenes,but I'm still crying. Brothers already collected 78 crore in domestic market and 106 crore worldwide collection.
Directed by: Karan Malhotra
Music by: Ajay-Atul
Starring by: Akshay Kumar,Sidharth Malhotra,Jackie Shroff,Jacqueline Fernandez,Shefali Shah
Release date: 14 August 2015
Brothers is the official remake of Hollywood movie "Warrior". David (Akshay Kumar) and Monty Fernandes (Sidharth Malhotra) are brothers from another mother. David is a son of alcoholic Gary (Jackie Shroff) and Maria (Shefali Shah) while Monty is Gary's son with Sara,woman he has affair with. After Sara's death, Gary took Monty to stay with him and kind hearted Maria and David accept Monty like their own family. Gary can't control his drinking habit accidentally killed Maria during Monty's birthday after they're having an argument regarding Gary's affair. David who witnessed that incident can't forgive his father and accused Monty is the reason his mother died.
A few years later Gary being release from prison after serving his sentence. Only Monty who fetch him at the prison. David who become a physics teacher married with Jenny (Jacqueline Fernandes). They have a daughter named Maria who suffered with weak kidney and heart disease. They're been facing financial problem since Maria needs regular treatment at the hospital.
emotional scene during Sapna Jahan song
Like his father, Monty is a street fighter too. David being expelled from school because the principal found out that he joined street fight to earn extra money for his daughter. When Mr Briganza announced that he organizes Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) competition "Right To Fight" at India, both Monty and David worked so hard to put themselves in that competition. Monty being trained by his father while David being trained by Pasha Ali,son of former MMA fighter.
Monty and David's training to enter R2F
Both of them managed to become the contestants,together with other MMA fighters across the globe. The final round between Fernandes brothers become a huge talk across India. At the end of the fight,David win the competition and forgive his brother and father.
blood vs blood
My opinion about Brothers:
1) Best performance ever by Sid. He's working so hard for this movie and it really shows in every scene. He portray his anger,frustration,sadness,love brilliantly in this movie. He and Akki equally shine in Brothers
2) Akki proves that he can do action and romance at the same time. It's amazing to watch a guy at his age still able to do all action scenes by himself.
3) Jackie and Shefali deserve a credit for their acting. Jackie is so natural and he's the reason why I cried like a baby. Shefali never disappoints me with her acting. She only appear in flashback scene but left with such a huge impact. I wish she has more scenes in this movie.
4) Jac Fernandez plays a mother for the first time and I think she's good,but like Shefali, she doesn't appear much.
5) The soundtracks are good. Brothers Anthem and Sapna Jahan are the winner. You can feel the fighting spirit when Brothers Anthem is playing.
6) The item song Mera Naam Mary is unnecessary,waste of time and eye torture for 5 minutes. For movie like Brothers, item song is not needed.
7) The duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes are little long and draggy for me. 2 hours should be fine.
8) I wish they extend the ending and show what happen to David's daughter.
Overall,7/10 for Brothers. I haven't seen the original Warriors so I can't compare which one is better. If you love both Sid and Akki,do watch this movie.