Wednesday, July 29

Movie Talk : Bajrangi Bhaijaan

To be honest, Bajrangi Bhaijaan is not on my must watch movie list for 2015. I'm not a big fan of Salman Khan or Kareena Kapoor, so yeah that's the reason. But after I watched the trailer, I changed my mind. The trailer looked promising and the child actor Hashaali Malhotra grabbed my attention. Then I promised to myself that I'm going to watch this movie,but with decent expectation,because Kabir Khan's previous movie Ek Tha Tiger,failed to impress me.

Bajrangi Bhaijaan managed to enter 100 crore club in 3 days only. I'm not suprise because when it comes to The Khans movie, 100 crore in less than a week is a normal scenario. Until this date, Bajrangi Bhaijaan already entered 200 crore club with 256++ crore box office collection in India.

I managed to watch this movie last Sunday with Didiey. And here's the saddest part. In Malaysia, people rarely watch hindi movie in cinema. So we pretty confident that the tickets will be available until the showtime. Surprise surprise we failed to get a ticket because it's sold out and selling fast for the whole day. Weird scenario in Malaysia,second week of screening and tickets are sold out. Almost cried at the cinema because we've been planning to watch BB since monday. But finally, we checked at other cinema and got ourselves the tickets. THANK GOD!


Directed by: Khabir Khan
Music by: Pritam
Starring by: Salman Khan,Harshaali Malhotra,Nawazzudin Siddiqui,Kareena Kapoor Khan
Release date: 17 July 2015

Shahida (Harshaali Malhotra) a mute girl from Pakistan come to India with her mother to pray for her speech to be returned at Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya's Dargah in Delhi. On their way back to Pakistan, Shahida gets lost and separated from her mother and can't pass the border. Alone in foreign country, Shahida boards a freight train, reaching KurukshetraIndia. At Kurukshetra she meet Pawan Kumar Chaturvedi or also known as Bajrangi (Salman Khan) and follows him.

Bajrangi assumes that Shahida is hindu and separated from her parents. And since Shahida is not able to speak, she can't tell Bajrangi where she comes from. Bajrangi takes initiative to guess which city she comes from,by mentioning all cities in India during their jorney back to Bajrangi's house at Delhi. He asks his girlfriend Rasika's (Kareena Kapoor) permission to let Munni (name that Bajrangi gives to Shahida) stays with them until they find her parents.

One day Bajrangi found out that Munni is a muslim from Pakistan,due to incident when he found Munni is eating chicken at their neighbour's house,Munni enters the mosque to pray and Munni is clapping her hand and kiss the tv when Pakistan won the cricket tournament. 



He determine to send Munni back to her country,but because of she doesn't has a passport,she can't apply the visa. The travel agent said that he can help with other way but he lied to Bajrangi. Instead of sending Munni back to Pakistan, he sells Munni to brothel's owner. Luckily Bajrangi come to rescue and he decided to send Munni back to her home on his own.

one of the best scene in BB

They illegally entered Pakistan via secret tunnel,almost caught by a local police and become most wanted person in Pakistan because the local authority think he's a Indian spy. The local journalist Chand Nawab (Nawazzudin Siddiqui) helps Bajrangi to locate Munni's village. During their journey, Chand Nawab records a video. Finally they manage to send Munni back to her home but Bajrangi has been caught by the police. To help him, Chand Nawab upload the video of their journey on Youtube and grabs people's attention towards the situation.



At the end of the story, the police release Bajrangi and let him go back to India,and Shahida/Munni is able to speak.

What I like about Bajrangi Bhaijaan:
1. Kabir Khan's dialogue is brilliant. When it comes to the funny part, we laughed so hard. When it comes to the emotional part, we cried. I'm emotionally attached to the story. One of the best hindi movie that I ever since in my life. 

2. Bajrangi and Munni's character are beautifully written. For me,this is Salman Khan's best performance ever. Instead of doing action movies, I prefer Sallu in romantic/comedy films. Couldn't find a word to describe how amazing he's in BB. He deserves to be nominate in Best Actor category next year. Let's talk about Harshaali Malhotra. I want to thank Kabir Khan for introducing Harshaali to us. This little girl is only 7 years old,but her talent is sooooo big even the senior actress can't act like her. It's not easy to act as mute person. Her facial expression and body language are mindblowing. I will be upset if she doesn't win best debut actress next year.

3. Nawazuddin Sidduqui never failed to impress me. He always nail every character that been given to him. He's funny and at the same time,give a huge impact in this movie.

4. The soundtracks. Pritam is one of my favourite music director,and he never failed to deliver a beautiful soundtracks in every film that he's working in. Tu Jo Mila is the winner. Enough said. I cried many times.

5. The cinematography is so beautiful and I think I wanna pack my bag and go to Kashmir now.

What I don't like about Bajrangi Bhaijaan:
1. The female lead for this movie should be Harshaali instead of Kareena because she has the least screen time and doesn't give any impact. Sorry not sorry. For me,it would be better if she's not in this movie.

Afterall,10/10 for Bajrangi Bhaijaan. Still running at the cinema so go and watch this movie.

CUTENESS OVERLOAD!

No comments: